Building a better world one student at a time
The goal is to provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate early childhood program that meets the needs of each individual child. We use a variety of age-appropriate activities and curriculum such as Star Fall, Starbrite, Sprouts, Fun Shine Express, Mother Goose Times, High Reach as well as the local school district curriculum to help each individual children reach their potential. These curriculums follow the guidelines of approval of the National Association of the Education of Young Children.
Infant & Toddler Program
At our Toddler Development program, we provide year-round, age-appropriate care to children from six months to 3 years of age. We offer stimulating, quality care, allowing the child to grow according to his or her own abilities.
Enriching learning experiences are provided, fostering intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth in a warm home-like atmosphere. Our program offers individual care in a small group setting. Special attention is given to each child based on his/her personal and developmental needs.
At our Preschool building, our 3 to 5-year olds are prepared for more formal learning. Social growth, verbal development, and motor and intellectual skills are fostered in a variety of creative activities.
Full Day Kindergarten- The Center provides an enriched, Kindergarten curriculum, balanced with cultural and recreational activities. Our children work together, learning appropriate behavior, social skills and sensitivity to diversity in a positive and loving setting.
School Age Programs
Our school-age program provides care to the school-age child, both before and after school, during holidays and on summer vacation. and governed by a professional educator and trained staff.
- Before School: Many of our childcare participate in our breakfast program before school, to allow for their working parents to get to work on time. A nutritious breakfast is served while they participate in quiet games until the bus arrives to take them to school.
- Afterschool: Each day our children from grades 1-6 come to our school age center to participate in group sports and games, arts and crafts, music and drama, and snack and homework time until their working parents pick them up. We highlight special events, theme-oriented activities and visiting guests to work with the children on special activities.
- Holiday Care: Our school agers come to Reddoor Childcare Learning Centers for full day care when school is out during holiday time. They participate in day trips and outings along with recreational and educational activities throughout the day.
At Reddoor Childcare Learning Centers we provide a suburban summer camp experience to all our school-age children for a 7-week summer of fun.
- Activities: The campers go on bus trips twice weekly, visiting places of interest to the different age groups. On non-travel days, the campers participate in recreational and instructional swimming, sports, games, music, drama, special events, social activities and lots of daily fun.
- Staff: The staff consists largely of college students who are interested in working with children. They are chosen for their positive role-model attitude and demeanor. They are trained extensively by our educational professionals in areas of child abuse prevention, CPR, communication skills, discipline and supervision techniques, health and safety procedures and so much more.
Our goal is to provide the following
and hands-on activities.
other children and adults, and how to live together in a cooperative environment which
promotes decision-making, peaceful resolution of conflicts, and respect for care of others.
can work together to meet the needs of each child, and ensure a positive early childhood
OUR DAILY ACITIVITES
POPULAR EDUCATION FOR YOUR CHILD
The program meets the changing needs of individual children by providing a safe and appropriate environment that is both challenging and stimulating. As the children develop independence and feelings of autonomy, the staff will provide opportunities for exploration and the development of gross and fine motor skills, self-help and language skills. The children can enjoy a variety of indoor/outdoor activities as they choose from a wide selection of equipment and toys.
During the preschool year, children are involved in active learning through discovery and hands-on activities which will encourage social/emotional skills language development, pre-math and reading skills, creativity, and make appropriate choices and reach his or her highest potential within an appropriate, nurturing environment. The Startbrite curriculum offer and a large variety of activities and reinforce to help each child master the readiness skills needed to go on to kindergarten.
All children go outside at least once a day weather permitting for a walk or to play.
Videos are occasionally incorporated into the afternoon program as a substitute for outdoor activities during bad or uncomfortable weather and or as an addition to a theme related exercise.
The videos have been reviewed by staff, have an educational content, and are entertaining at the children’s level of understanding. Such videos contain no commercials and are always nonviolent and age appropriate.
All videos used will be part of and relate to our curriculum for that specific week. All videos used will be part of and relate to our curriculum for that specific week. As part of NYS OCFS regulations, TV is not used on regular basis and is only used to support the weekly theme of the specific classroom.
developmental readiness, appropriateness of the classroom environment, the level of care the child requires as well as the needs of the other children in the class.